Granted, I'm not a daredevil. And heights make me a tad bit nervous.
|THIS guy crossed Niagara|
He had to get permission from that state assembly in order to do it (as well as from Canada), wear safety gear, and have a safety team in place. Craaaaaazy.
The most interesting thing I learned from all this was that only 12 people have attempted to even cross the Falls, while one person died during the crossing. I would have thought that number would be much higher...because there's a lot of crazy in this world.
P.S. that cable was only two inches wide. Uh-uh. Nope. Never ever.
- Photos from MSNBC's PhotoBlog, Nik Wallenda completes tightrope walk across Niagara Falls
- Wallenda gets OK to cross the Falls, from Buffalonenews.com, which also talks about ther attempts made to cross the falls
- The Flying Wallendas Facebook page, which is the famed family this man belongs too.
- NY Times article on the Wallendas, called A Balancing Act in the Story of Aerialists. Specifically about the documentary "The Show Must Go On" which features the family.
- Wikipedia page about the family, The Flying Wallendas
- Washingpost Article, Flying Wallendas have rich daredevil history, though not without tragedy