Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Presidential Portraits

via the National Hurricane Center (NOLA.com)

It's a bit rainy today (see the image above? That's the rain map from today!). Enough water that I wore rain boots (I normally can't even be bothered). Pure laziness of finding where I put them...not because I have an aversion to them.

Since it's one of those super nasty days, it's going to movie and book night in front of fire...even those it's the middle of summer. With ice cream. It made sense in my head.

Cool news of the day? Presidential Portraits. Former president, George W. Bush's portrait has been revealed and Time.com has a slide show of some of the other portraits. I think some presidential portraits are more well known than others, and some I'm fairly sure I've never seen. It's a pretty cool go through.

Apparently it takes a bit to get the portrait done, who knew? I mean...it (as in GW Bush) was done in 2012 if I'm reading that right...

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Abraham Lincoln
Dwight D. Eisenhower

John F. Kennedy

Jimmy Carter

Bill Clinton
George W. Bush


Fun fact...my family has been in America for a freaking loooong time. And we're related to a couple of presidents, and off the top of my head, two of the guys above are in some way cousins for sure, and there's some possible connection to two more above. Pretty cool huh? Or...I've got some well-marrying relatives, hmm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...