Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Great Gatsby



I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. It's just always been a favorite book of mine and I am so, so, so excited to catch the preview of the new trailer (with DiCaprio, etc.).

I even went out and found a new hardback copy (my old paperback, which I got in high school, was fairly battered). And of course, because I have a love for pretty books I went and got Coralie Bickford-Smith's versions. They are gorgeous! I have a bunch of the cloth bound versions (I went a little nutty after Borders closed).

Cloth-bound versions of books (from Stellify.net)


F. Scott Fitzgerald's hardback books (from Stellify.net)

If you don't want to read the book (you're crazy) here's the Wikipedia article on The Great Gatsby.

The movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio at Gatsby, Toby Maguire at Nick Carraway (the main subject/narrator), and Carey Mulligan as Daisy. None of these guys are quite how I pictured the main characters but I always like Baz Luhrmann's movies so I am looking forward to it. It's going to be rapturously splendid.




Apparently there's a mistake in the trailer, Ziegfeld Follies has been mis-spelled. Here's a screen grab of it, I didn't even catch it in the preview.

from EW.com

Edit:

I think I fixed the video. Hopefully it works!




Related Links: 





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...