Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 3, 2012

fab birthday gifts!

So the cost of going back to grad school has me a tad stressed. I'm probably going to have to get a laptop...plus all the textbooks, moving and school fees. Eek!

My dad thought way ahead though, and he bought me the Amazon Fire Kindle for my b-day. I'm pretty sure I can get a lot of my textbooks through it (ok...i HOPE i can get most of my textbooks through it because some of the schools I applied to are not in the USA). And because my daddy and brother are super awesome, they also got me a pink case and screen protector.
from engadget.com
I downloaded all the free books I could...and it seems like some of them are torrid romance novels. I'm slightly terrified of them but my grandmommy was the harlequin romance queen. BOXES of those books were in her extra bedroom...I have no idea what happened to them either. There's some very full library somewhere!

I also got a new tape dispenser as a tease gift from my dad. I've been complaining because everyone steals MY tape dispenser so he went and got me one (from Scotch tape). It's so freaking cute! And I'm positive no one will steal it. Because let's be honest, my brother and dad are fairly macho...and this is definitely NOT macho.
from officemax.com

I also got some ridiculously awesome see through note-tabs/stickey notes from Avery. I LOVE office supplies. I have a fully intact office. That I don't need. Because I don't work from home, and I don't have a job. But I'm super ready...for something. These notes are transparent (some are colored) that you can write on (over the writing on the page) or even highlight on. It's really ingenious and I've been wanting to use them on some of my books (that are more intellectual than say...Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).


Top (R):  Amazon. com (direct link for shopping)

Speaking of zombies, I also got a gift certificate to a bookstore and went a tad crazy...I got some fabulous books that I can't wait to read. 


from Books-A-Million



from Books-a-Million





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...