Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 30, 2012

Makeup Art

Oh dear, I didn't mean to take such a hiatus. I got overwhelmed with UK Visa stuff. I'd hate to do everything right and then not be able to enter the country. Especially since I told everyone I was going...

This weekend I went to visit my auntie, who got me a wonderful "congratulations" cake. She's an English teacher and when she had the bakery pipe wording on it, she made sure they wrote "Carpe Diem". Isn't that sweet? My Aunt is the best.

Anywho, when I was taking art history classes I managed to avoid the modern/contemporary classes up until the last minute. Because I honestly don't understand them. At. All. When I did take my one contemporary class...I combined it with my art theory class. Two birds, one stone and all that. It was one of the scariest classes I ever had...because it was just not my cup of tea. And I didn't get most of the art.

I can take you on a tour of the Louvre, the Met, the High (in Atlanta), or the Getty but if we go to the MOMA or Tate Modern...I'll probably be more confused than you.

So recall all that, when I tell you that this contemporary (make-up) art is ridiculously awesome.



The makeup artist is named Ayami Nishimura, and the photographer is named Rankin, who's based in LA.




That's cool right? Especially when you consider that I can barely manage not to poke myself in the eye with the mascara wand.




Links:

Ayami Nishimura's website
Rankin Gallary's website. The Gallery is where the exhibit is going to be located.
article about the exhibit, Photographer Rankin Teams Up with Makeup Artist Ayami Nishimura For Beauty Book and Photography Exhibition
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...